Indonesian Set Menu (UAS)

Hello, back again with me Ferin. For this final semester exam, I chose to plate the Indonesian set menu, because I am more familiar with Indonesian food, and also the ingredients to make it is easy to find. So, today, I'm going to plate one of Bandung's specialties, Siomay. As this food is categorized as a snack and also light, I made this Siomay as an appetizer. Starting by looking for inspiration from Instagram, Youtube, and also Pinterest, until finally, I got an idea to plating this siomay.  

First, I arrange the siomays in the middle of the plate. The siomay itself consists of siomay, tofu, fried tofu, egg, potato, and bitter melon. Then, I pour the peanut sauce next to the dumplings and shape them into a crescent moon form. The difficulty in plating these siomays located in the peanut sauce.  First, I shaped the sauce with a spoon but the results were not nice, I then used a ladle, after trying a few times finally the results were more appetizing. After that, I sprinkled egg yolk crumbs near the siomays. Here are the results of my plating:

I also attached a video about how I plating these siomays. Here is the video:

After I plating the appetizer, now I'm going to plating t the soup. I chose Soto Daging because it is one of my favorite food and it is simple to make as well. My Soto Daging consists of beef meat, rice noodles, fried potatoes, tomatoes, cabbage, celery, fried onions, emping crackers, and calamansi. 

First, I placed the rice noodles in the center of the plate, then I arranged the other condiments. After that, I slowly pour the broth. 

This is the result of my Soto Daging:

Here is the video of how I plating my Soto Daging:
For the main course, I chose Nasi Urap. Then, I started looking for inspiration for plating this food. It could say that there are not too many references and this makes me confused. My Urap vegetables consists of kale, spinach, bean sprouts, and long beans. First I put the rice that I have shaped in the middle of the plate then I start to arrange the vegetables next to the rice and sprinkle the vegetables with spiced grated coconut. After that, I added the peyek crackers on top of the urap, and also sprinkled the plate with peyek cracker crumbs.
Here is my Nasi Urap:
Here is the video of me plating the Nasi Urap:
And the last meal is dessert. I chose traditional snacks as my dessert. So on the plate, there are several kinds of traditional snacks such as klepon, putu ayu, kue lapis, and jentik manis. When plating this dessert, I did not find any difficulties because I already got the idea to plating this dessert. So, first I arrange all the snacks in a straight line, after that, I sprinkle with grated coconut and add jelly candy to make it more colorful, and the last touch I sprinkle with sugar mixed with cinnamon powder. 
Here are the results:
Here is the video of me plating the Nasi Urap:
And this is a picture of all my food in one photo:

Thank you and have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Ferin


Komentar